Photo

Clutching at straws i submitted a "ticket" to Gaijen support.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 FOZ83

FOZ83

Group captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

Well i had enough of seeing posts about lack of patches or support etc and decided to clutch at straws and go to the Gaijen site -

http://www.gaijinent.com/

From their i went to "contact" and customer support and submitted a ticket with my complaint about various things -

http://www.gaijinent.com/en/contact/

I submitted my ticket to them and was emailed back confirming my ticket had been sent and to expect a reply within upto 24 hours. Here's a copy of the email recieved -

Monday, 20 August 2012, 17:31

Dear James Foster,

Thank you for contacting YUPLAY Support.

Your support ticket "Lack of Customer Support for BOS on xbox" has been submitted. We try to reply to all tickets as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours.

Your tracking ID: SRRPH2WRYT

You can view the status of your ticket here:

http://support.yupla...T&Refresh=45853

You will receive an e-mail notification when our staff replies to your ticket.

*DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL*

This is an automated e-mail message sent from YUPLAY support system. Do not reply to this e-mail as we won't receive your reply!

Best regards,

YUPLAY Support Team

http://support.yuplay.com/

As you can see the date is 20th of August. What concerned me was two things.

1) Its gone from Gaijen to Yuplay though i'm not sure what that means so maybe one of you guys could tell me?
2) Its not the 21st August or the 22nd. Its now 2nd of September and still no reply.

I decided to use the tracking ID it gave me so i could track my ticket just to see where it was at. This is what it comes up with -

Needless to say its somewhat annoying and very rude.

As i said, i was clutching at straws with this so didnt expect much, though at the very least i expected a reply saying "f**k off" but not even that.

"NEVER IN THE FIELD OF HUMAN CONFLICT WAS SO MUCH OWED BY SO MANY TO SO FEW - WINSTON CHURCHILL."

#2 RUNNINGDUDE1

RUNNINGDUDE1

Pilot officer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Interests:Running, playing the 360

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:41 AM

Well i had enough of seeing posts about lack of patches or support etc and decided to clutch at straws and go to the Gaijen site -

http://www.gaijinent.com/

From their i went to "contact" and customer support and submitted a ticket with my complaint about various things -

http://www.gaijinent.com/en/contact/

I submitted my ticket to them and was emailed back confirming my ticket had been sent and to expect a reply within upto 24 hours. Here's a copy of the email recieved -

Monday, 20 August 2012, 17:31

Dear James Foster,

Thank you for contacting YUPLAY Support.

Your support ticket "Lack of Customer Support for BOS on xbox" has been submitted. We try to reply to all tickets as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours.

Your tracking ID: SRRPH2WRYT

You can view the status of your ticket here:

You will receive an e-mail notification when our staff replies to your ticket.

*DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL*

This is an automated e-mail message sent from YUPLAY support system. Do not reply to this e-mail as we won't receive your reply!

Best regards,

YUPLAY Support Team

http://support.yuplay.com/

As you can see the date is 20th of August. What concerned me was two things.

1) Its gone from Gaijen to Yuplay though i'm not sure what that means so maybe one of you guys could tell me?
2) Its not the 21st August or the 22nd. Its now 2nd of September and still no reply.

I decided to use the tracking ID it gave me so i could track my ticket just to see where it was at. This is what it comes up with -

Needless to say its somewhat annoying and very rude.

As i said, i was clutching at straws with this so didnt expect much, though at the very least i expected a reply saying "f**k off" but not even that.

People have done this before and ended up with the same thing. All I have to say is that Gaijin is bad at communicating with their fanbase. Oddly enough, I was looking at a forum about the problems of the game and somebody posted a message from the President of the company stating that they will be looking at fixing the problems and it was in late April.

#3 CAP198462

CAP198462

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:World politics, Computers, History, World languages

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

Anyone tried sending an email through the Russian link, maybe it's just the Angliiski link that's misdirecting?

#4 KarlRuprechtKroenen

KarlRuprechtKroenen

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:Secret Societies, Secrets of History, Conspiracy Theories, Greek Mythology, Christianism, Napoleonic Wars, World War II, Science Fiction, Video Games, PS3, Music, etc. The Past, The Present and The Future.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

That sucks.
Anyone who has to fight, even with the most modern weapons, against an enemy in complete command of the air, fights like a savage against modern European troops, under the same handicaps and with the same chances of success.

-Erwin Rommel

#5 Cryptic_Phant0m

Cryptic_Phant0m

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Interests:WW1/WW2 History, SciFi (StarGate Fanatic), Video Games, Paintball/Airsoft (Big Spyder Fan!)and Prepping

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

Someone should call their number.

acccb87a-998c-4b69-ae29-908be6e074b6.jpgb37b4957-da1f-44c7-95ae-4663e08520b5.jpg

#6 Fighteraceflyer

Fighteraceflyer

Squadron leader

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

Hey Foz...I feel your pain...I've reserved my comments, like most of the faithful here who have defended Gaijin regarding the patch thing...in hopes that eventually they would come up with a reasonably decent patch (second)...The first only mostly dealing with war points and not so much with flight characteristics or even non at all...remember Mac's Hunt Bugs thread... and to the dismay of many flight stick owners, theirs were negatively impacted..You and the other Xboxers have not received any downloadable patches...mainly due to difficulties dealing with Microsoft possibly...but that should not be excused because it's about showing support for their customer base.

I have not given up hope that they would...but their silence is not a good sign.

Nevertheless...BOP and BOS are both good games despite their flaws and I will support buying future games developed by them....hopefully with less bugs prior to the first release so we don't have to see whining and groaning as we've seen here.

Afterthought: I am not a full-fledged simmer so my standards are a lot lower than someone with those expectations, previously only limited to the PC world...however since they opened this door to the consoles, I am not saying that we should "settle". This experience is relatively new to console...given time, perhaps they can improve and along this will come with greater expectation.

Just my 2 cents ;)wop

Edited by Fighteraceflyer, 05 September 2012 - 01:00 AM.

101005-F-1234S-002.jpg208c731a-b080-47a2-8517-b8dbc31d1315_zps

#7 Cryptic_Phant0m

Cryptic_Phant0m

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Interests:WW1/WW2 History, SciFi (StarGate Fanatic), Video Games, Paintball/Airsoft (Big Spyder Fan!)and Prepping

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

so we don't have see whining and groaning as we've seen here.

Its not that I like to complain, but I did pay $40 (I know thats cheap!) for this game and all I am asking is for a little communication.

acccb87a-998c-4b69-ae29-908be6e074b6.jpgb37b4957-da1f-44c7-95ae-4663e08520b5.jpg

#8 DoubleTap68

DoubleTap68

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:MMA, history, keeping my plane out of the trees/dirt/Pacific Ocean/enemy gunsights

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:33 AM

I guess, given Gaijin's history, we ought not be surprised. What's that old saying? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me...
If an evil is minor, resist it nonetheless. If a good deed is trifling, perform it all the same. -Liu Bei

#9 stealth_finger

stealth_finger

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:38 AM

I guess, given Gaijin's history, we ought not be surprised. What's that old saying? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me...

this is thrice now.
Doom on you!
"Scissors are over powered, Rock is fine." - Paper
360 GamerTag - Stealth Finger
Posted Image

#10 Fighteraceflyer

Fighteraceflyer

Squadron leader

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

this is thrice now.

Please read the edited afterthought on my post....

You're saying 3...I'm assuming you are including Apache AA...They are all excellent games,,,patch or no patch....

About lying...they were very careful in saying what they were going to fix when they actually posted something on these boards...and they fixed what they said. If you're saying they lied by omission...YES, they are absolutely guilty of that. Do I hold it against them, NO.

#11 DoubleTap68

DoubleTap68

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Interests:MMA, history, keeping my plane out of the trees/dirt/Pacific Ocean/enemy gunsights

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

Please read the edited afterthought on my post....

You're saying 3...I'm assuming you are including Apache AA...They are all excellent games,,,patch or no patch....

About lying...they were very careful in saying what they were going to fix when they actually posted something on these boards...and they fixed what they said. If you're saying they lied by omission...YES, they are absolutely guilty of that. Do I hold it against them, NO.

I don't think I've accused Gaijin of lying either here or in any other of my posts. I do think they have been remarkably unforthcoming in regards to communication, and I don't think it's unreasonable for us to assume that BoS will go the way of Apache and BoP in terms of a heartbreaking lack of support.
If an evil is minor, resist it nonetheless. If a good deed is trifling, perform it all the same. -Liu Bei

#12 Fighteraceflyer

Fighteraceflyer

Squadron leader

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

I don't think I've accused Gaijin of lying either here or in any other of my posts. I do think they have been remarkably unforthcoming in regards to communication, and I don't think it's unreasonable for us to assume that BoS will go the way of Apache and BoP in terms of a heartbreaking lack of support.

Forgive me, I was not trying to be accusatory...I was just pointing out a fact as I see it...and I believe we're both on the same page.

#13 FOZ83

FOZ83

Group captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

Meh. Bar ringing them up we've all between us gone through the correct channels. We're just jumping through hoops.

What more can we do?

"NEVER IN THE FIELD OF HUMAN CONFLICT WAS SO MUCH OWED BY SO MANY TO SO FEW - WINSTON CHURCHILL."

#14 Bobbysocks

Bobbysocks

Air marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:36 AM

hope you have better luck than me foz. i put in a ticket with them once....several months later out of the blue i get the confirmation ( from yuplay ) that they have the open ticket and i will be contacted shortly! nothing since then...at least 3 more months. had anticipated buying WT...think i am going to hold off on that for now....
][/url]fronthalf_zpsf3a6b424.pngbackhalf_zps7a27a8fd.png

#15 FOZ83

FOZ83

Group captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

I don't think they realise that alot of their fan base on consoles actually play PC aswell. If they cannot give good customer support on here for us then why would they expectus to buy WT? Its out of order and very unproffessional really.

Maybe get in contact with game reviewers etc and magazines/websites etc and tell them off the poor service we've all endured. Give them some bad publicity ;)

#16 Bobbysocks

Bobbysocks

Air marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:03 AM

i will still give them some time to come up with a patch to address issues. they havent crossed the line i scratched in the sand yet so i am not ready to start raising a ruckus.... but what you suggested was pretty much along the lines of what i was thinking.

#17 FOZ83

FOZ83

Group captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

For all we know they may be worknig on a patch. Its just the lack of communication that annoys. And whats more is that its happened twice before so its not something thats new to us. Deja vu.

See what the next few weeks hold.

#18 M00ps

M00ps

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:XBL GT = The M00ps

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:13 AM

C'mon guys, there's not going to be any Xbox patch. If there was, you'd have seen it by now. Might as well suck it up (again!) and play what we have. At least this game isn't fatally flawed as BoP was. I can at least have fun with it. BoP was nothing but a source of frustration, mostly because of what it could have been.

The question is, will Gaijin get your money again two years from now? I reluctantly purchased BoS, not because of any negative aspects of the game, althought there are some, but because I felt burned over the BoP fiasco. Now history is repeating itself, and this time Gaijin can't shift the blame to the publisher. It falls squarely on their shoulders. I won't forget this any time soon.

I'd love to be proven wrong. But I won't be.

#19 RebLeppard6

RebLeppard6

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Interests:NASCAR, NFL, MLB, NHL, 80's Rock, Blondes, Brunettes, and Redheads ;) Cruising in my Mustang!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:48 AM

i will still give them some time to come up with a patch to address issues. they havent crossed the line i scratched in the sand yet so i am not ready to start raising a ruckus.... but what you suggested was pretty much along the lines of what i was thinking.

High tide's rolling in... LOL! ;)
"I've got something to say... It's better to burn out... than fade away..." :yes_yes:

#20 Bobbysocks

Bobbysocks

Air marshal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:47 AM

High tide's rolling in... LOL! ;)

oh the waves are getting closer.... my southern friend...getting closer

M00ps i have heard of other games where its taken 6 months before a patch was issued.... so all is not lost...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users