Look, as an American, I can make this clear to everyone here: there is only one thing in the world that all Americans care about and that is American flags, alcohol, and guns. I've been flying American planes during my stay on War Thunder because I feel that is the only way to play the game, considering America is the only country playable that has actually won any of these world wars that have happened. You might say that the United Kingdom and Russia technically won the wars as well, but only by technicalities. Either way, that is beside the point and irrelevant.
The point is that there are no American flag decals. How am I supposed to show off my patriotism without being able to cover my plane in American flags? How am I supposed to support my country if I cannot cover my planes with American flags? Sure, I can cover my planes in stars (which I have), but that just isn't the same thing as flying in a flag covered plane. As an American, I feel that this is very important for the War Thunder market to expand into America. All I'm asking for is a simple American flag decal. We've earned the right to fly our digital flags on our digital planes after becoming back to back world war champs.
I'm not asking for a huge change in the game, just a small one to help Americans be a little more patriotic in a game so destitute of Americans.
While I'm at it, I've also compiled a list of other possible changes to help the game remain historically accurate:
- American planes fly around with a large American flag being dragged behind them.
- American planes explode into red, white, and blue smoke when shot down.
- Rounds shot from American planes are now shooting stars.
- American planes with the American flag decal are invulnerable.
- Add Hiroshima as a playable campaign mission and include atomic bombs.
- Whenever an American plane scores the final blow, the entire Star Spangled Banner is played before players can leave the match.
- Whenever an American plane scores the first strike, the Star Spangled Banner plays throughout the match.
- American planes can never be placed on opposite teams in arcade mode.
- Players who choose Japan must apologize for Pearl Harbor at the start of each match before being allowed to spawn.
- American pilots also all have assault weapons that they can take out and shoot from the pilot seat when they are reloading their weapons because the Assault Weapons Ban wasn't instituted until 1994.
- All American planes renamed to Freedom. For example: P-40E-1 Freedom, A-20G Freedom, etc.
- When American bombs explode, it is in a cloud of red, white, and blue smoke and also launches fireworks into the air that form into an American flag. Any non-American planes that fly through the flag explode.
- Players who shoot down American planes are fined all of their current silver lions (out of respect).
- The end of all matches should fade into an American flag waving in the wind, because we did win both world wars and everything.
- France is never a playable nation.
- Canada is also never a playable nation.
- Any references to France in the game are removed, aside from America bravely saving France.
- Players can choose Sonic the Hedgehog to pilot all of their planes (I just really like Sonic).
That's all I have to suggest. Thanks for reading and taking my suggestions into consideration.
source: i'm a history major