Where are all the American flag decals?

america american freedom opportunity not france

24 replies to this topic

#1 Clifton

Clifton
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

Look, as an American, I can make this clear to everyone here: there is only one thing in the world that all Americans care about and that is American flags, alcohol, and guns. I've been flying American planes during my stay on War Thunder because I feel that is the only way to play the game, considering America is the only country playable that has actually won any of these world wars that have happened. You might say that the United Kingdom and Russia technically won the wars as well, but only by technicalities. Either way, that is beside the point and irrelevant.

The point is that there are no American flag decals. How am I supposed to show off my patriotism without being able to cover my plane in American flags? How am I supposed to support my country if I cannot cover my planes with American flags? Sure, I can cover my planes in stars (which I have), but that just isn't the same thing as flying in a flag covered plane. As an American, I feel that this is very important for the War Thunder market to expand into America. All I'm asking for is a simple American flag decal. We've earned the right to fly our digital flags on our digital planes after becoming back to back world war champs.

I'm not asking for a huge change in the game, just a small one to help Americans be a little more patriotic in a game so destitute of Americans.

While I'm at it, I've also compiled a list of other possible changes to help the game remain historically accurate:

• American planes fly around with a large American flag being dragged behind them.
  • American planes explode into red, white, and blue smoke when shot down.
  • Rounds shot from American planes are now shooting stars.
  • American planes with the American flag decal are invulnerable.
  • Add Hiroshima as a playable campaign mission and include atomic bombs.
  • Whenever an American plane scores the final blow, the entire Star Spangled Banner is played before players can leave the match.
  • Whenever an American plane scores the first strike, the Star Spangled Banner plays throughout the match.
  • American planes can never be placed on opposite teams in arcade mode.
  • Players who choose Japan must apologize for Pearl Harbor at the start of each match before being allowed to spawn.
  • American pilots also all have assault weapons that they can take out and shoot from the pilot seat when they are reloading their weapons because the Assault Weapons Ban wasn't instituted until 1994.
  • All American planes renamed to Freedom. For example: P-40E-1 Freedom, A-20G Freedom, etc.
  • When American bombs explode, it is in a cloud of red, white, and blue smoke and also launches fireworks into the air that form into an American flag. Any non-American planes that fly through the flag explode.
  • Players who shoot down American planes are fined all of their current silver lions (out of respect).
  • The end of all matches should fade into an American flag waving in the wind, because we did win both world wars and everything.
  • France is never a playable nation.
  • Canada is also never a playable nation.
  • Any references to France in the game are removed, aside from America bravely saving France.
  • Players can choose Sonic the Hedgehog to pilot all of their planes (I just really like Sonic).

That's all I have to suggest. Thanks for reading and taking my suggestions into consideration.

source: i'm a history major

#2 Janohito

Janohito

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:00 AM

Hell Yeah! I think it is exactly the thing we need, after all, right now this game isn't patriotic enough for us, Americans. With those few simple improvements, we could increase patriotism by 1776% percent!

#3 G0MEZ

G0MEZ

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

/golfclap

History majors make all the best suggestions.

canadianfans.jpg

d520sig.jpg

#4 Rivalman50

Rivalman50

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Freedom, hamburgers, Israël.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

clap clap clap clap clap muh freedom

#5 Natrix

Natrix

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

More naked girls but no flag decals. ;)wt

#6 nexeide

nexeide
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

More naked girls but no flag decals. ;)wt

My Hellcat is gleefully slathered in half-naked pinups and beermugs.

#7 Nope

Nope

Flight lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

Make it only for American planes, and ok.

#8 Zmajek

Zmajek

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

• Add Hiroshima as a playable campaign mission and include atomic bombs.

This reminded me of a documentary where people were telling stories how half burned children were screaming on the streets and calling for their dead mothers.

9/11 was a great day and i wish you many more  :yes_yes:

warthunderwotsig.png  USAfans.png   

#9 Rivalman50

Rivalman50

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

4a42aeb0aec1dafde42b831c75656.jpg

#10 Negi

Negi

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

where are my burning twintower decals?

oh snap wrong era.

#11 Wolfman

Wolfman

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Look, as an American, I can make this clear to everyone here: there is only one thing in the world that all Americans care about and that is American flags, alcohol, and guns.

As an American, I had to stop reading your post at this point. It made me cringe.  Please try not to speak for all americans. I see no reason for flag decals for any nations. The planes themselves represent each respective nation. The rest of your suggestions are nonsense and should be ignored.

Posted Image

In game name: WlfPk_Wolfman

http://wolfpak.2fear.com

#12 G0MEZ

G0MEZ

Sergeant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Guys, c'mon.

LINE

READ

LINE

canadianfans.jpg

d520sig.jpg

#13 Clifton

Clifton
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

As an American, I had to stop reading your post at this point. It made me cringe.  Please try not to speak for all americans. I see no reason for flag decals for any nations. The planes themselves represent each respective nation. The rest of your suggestions are nonsense and should be ignored.

Clearly you are not a true American and do not like freedom.

#14 Nope

Nope

Flight lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Clearly you are not a true American and do not like freedom.

Clearly all US citizens are like what you describe. Seriously, stop taking that nation pride of yours too far, no matter what you think. This is a game, not a politician meeting or something.

#15 Janohito

Janohito

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Stop hating our Freedom!

(WTF, man, did you really missed the tone of his post?)

#16 bgabor911

bgabor911

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

This reminded me of a documentary where people were telling stories how half burned children were screaming on the streets and calling for their dead mothers.

9/11 was a great day and i wish you many more  :yes_yes:

Agreed, but the topic starter was just kidding, the whole topic is a joke. I suggest read the first post one more time.

#17 Rivalman50

Rivalman50

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

4a42aeb0aec1dafde42b831c75656.jpg4a42aeb0aec1dafde42b831c75656.jpg4a42aeb0aec1dafde42b831c75656.jpg4a42aeb0aec1dafde42b831c75656.jpg

#18 bokepacha

bokepacha

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

A nation who change french fries for freedom fries deserves all that is written in the first post.

ALL OF IT!

DO IT NAO!

:lol:

MM is broken. I'm NEVER on the red team

warthunderHBsig.pngrvivvlrw.png5ollmvfn.pngjjoystickuser.png

#19 Clifton

Clifton
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

A nation who change french fries for freedom fries deserves all that is written in the first post.

ALL OF IT!

DO IT NAO!

:lol:

• Any references to France in the game are removed, aside from America bravely saving France.

#20 LtJWSimmons670th

LtJWSimmons670th

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Besides, you can tell OP isn't being serious since he left out little flag pins for the pilots lapelles.  Any real American knows that is the only way to show your patriotism!

On a serious note, are there cultures that don't have sarcasm / dead pan humor?  Combine that with English as a second language and I can imagine a few folks grabbing their pitch forks :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users