Anti Surveillance

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Godfool

Godfool
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:26 AM

Any tips on this one? Been failing each time.
I shoot off my hellfires to the ground targets and try and get the stupid scouts, but they eventually overrun the base.

PSN is TheSquire if anyone wants to give this a shot.

Christoph

#2 Jacksimus_Decimu

Jacksimus_Decimu

Corporal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:53 PM

Any tips on this one? Been failing each time.
I shoot off my hellfires to the ground targets and try and get the stupid scouts, but they eventually overrun the base.

PSN is TheSquire if anyone wants to give this a shot.

Christoph

Ok, this can be a tough one if you don't time your landings properly. First off, there is going to be 3 waves of bad guys that attack your base. As long as 2 columns of hummers are left alive the next wave won't spawn. So here's the strategy:

The instant you start the level you need to rip hellfires at the AAA units. Any remaining hellfires can be used on humvees, but remember to keep two columns alive. This works best if you target the closest vehicles. That gives you more time before humvees reach the base. Now the trick with the fire scouts is to let them come to you instead of running around like a chicken with your head chopped off. I like to go into an auto hover and nail 'em with the 23mm from FLIR as they slow down right over the base.

Once the scouts are dead land and rearm. Once rearmed take out the remaining vehicles with 70mm rockets. The next wave will now immidiately spawn. Rinse and repeat with hellfires on the ADA and the closest column of vehicles. Gun down the scouts. Rearm. Mop up remaing vehicles with rockets.

This next wave is the hardest. There will be more ADA than you can kill with one load of hellfires, so you need to rearm immediately after firing off all your hellfires, then finish off the ADA. Auto hover is too dangerous with all those humvees out there, so go ahead and use your remaining hellfires on them. No more waves will spawn attacking your base, so you can kill anything you want at this point. Just remember not to panic if fire scouts are getting close to the base. Just shoot their tails off in FLIR and you're good to go.

Once that last wave is finished off you'll receive an objective to counter-attack the enemy base. Land and rearm, then head out towards the waypoint. Once you get close enough a whole xxxx ton of fire scouts, ADA and hummers are going to spawn. Let loose on the ADA with your hellfires, then turn tail and run back to your base. From FLIR you can watch the magic. The fire scouts will pursue you, but for some reason the vast majority of them will decide to take a dirt nap and slam into the ground. Any survivors should be easy to pick off. Fly back to the enemy base and finish off the ground vehicles. Mission complete.

Note that this is the strategy for veteran, but with the timing of the waves and everything you will still need to resupply on realistic.

This can be a tough mission by yourself, and it may still take you a few tries. But don't give up. ~Jax

#3 Fighteraceflyer

Fighteraceflyer

Squadron leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:52 PM

Ok, this can be a tough one if you don't time your landings properly. First off, there is going to be 3 waves of bad guys that attack your base. As long as 2 columns of hummers are left alive the next wave won't spawn. So here's the strategy:

The instant you start the level you need to rip hellfires at the AAA units. Any remaining hellfires can be used on humvees, but remember to keep two columns alive. This works best if you target the closest vehicles. That gives you more time before humvees reach the base. Now the trick with the fire scouts is to let them come to you instead of running around like a chicken with your head chopped off. I like to go into an auto hover and nail 'em with the 23mm from FLIR as they slow down right over the base.

Once the scouts are dead land and rearm. Once rearmed take out the remaining vehicles with 70mm rockets. The next wave will now immidiately spawn. Rinse and repeat with hellfires on the ADA and the closest column of vehicles. Gun down the scouts. Rearm. Mop up remaing vehicles with rockets.

This next wave is the hardest. There will be more ADA than you can kill with one load of hellfires, so you need to rearm immediately after firing off all your hellfires, then finish off the ADA. Auto hover is too dangerous with all those humvees out there, so go ahead and use your remaining hellfires on them. No more waves will spawn attacking your base, so you can kill anything you want at this point. Just remember not to panic if fire scouts are getting close to the base. Just shoot their tails off in FLIR and you're good to go.

Once that last wave is finished off you'll receive an objective to counter-attack the enemy base. Land and rearm, then head out towards the waypoint. Once you get close enough a whole xxxx ton of fire scouts, ADA and hummers are going to spawn. Let loose on the ADA with your hellfires, then turn tail and run back to your base. From FLIR you can watch the magic. The fire scouts will pursue you, but for some reason the vast majority of them will decide to take a dirt nap and slam into the ground. Any survivors should be easy to pick off. Fly back to the enemy base and finish off the ground vehicles. Mission complete.

Note that this is the strategy for veteran, but with the timing of the waves and everything you will still need to resupply on realistic.

This can be a tough mission by yourself, and it may still take you a few tries. But don't give up. ~Jax

What are ADAs?

101005-F-1234S-002.jpg208c731a-b080-47a2-8517-b8dbc31d1315_zps

#4 micahgreene2

micahgreene2

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

What are ADAs?

He meant AAA units which is Anti-Air-Artillery

#5 Fighteraceflyer