15 replies to this topic

#1 johnwells69

johnwells69

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

Can anyone give me some help with this, its proving quite hard. This is the second to last Japanese Mission, then I will have completed the campaign.

#2 Spitfire999

Spitfire999

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

I'm struggling with this also, seems to go swimmingly until about 15 minutes in when all bombers get totalled really quickly, had 3 goes and has annoyed me to the point of not trying again......

#3 killshot78

killshot78

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

This one is tough, it took me over a dozen tries. Probably best to try to get behind your bombers. Dont chase enemy planes but stay behind your bombers until they go into their bombing run.. Keep switching to different wingmen when you don't have any targets.

#4 johnwells69

johnwells69

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

Thanks very much Killshot I will give this a try. I think this is the hardest mission in the whole campaign :008j:

#5 sureshotzthe1st

sureshotzthe1st
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

This level is driving me mad i breezed it on for monkeys mode but its the only campaign mission i cant complete on realistic!
I can keep 16 to 17 bombers alive till they all dive then as they exit the combat area they get shredded even when im amongst them defending,there must be a way!

#6 Fighteraceflyer

Fighteraceflyer

Squadron leader

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:29 AM

This level is driving me mad i breezed it on for monkeys mode but its the only campaign mission i cant complete on realistic!
I can keep 16 to 17 bombers alive till they all dive then as they exit the combat area they get shredded even when im amongst them defending,there must be a way!

Stay close behind and above the front pack .. even after they dive keep with the squadron leader...just keep peppering that's close in front of you...don't worry about kills ...making barrel rolls slow you down to keep behind....If you're trying to get the trophy... wait till your squadron is far from the battle area and mission completes....come back to make your kills

There is also a thread on this already I believe

You can also go on custom mode...there are things there you can turn off like black outs and redouts if you're having difficulty with that...just make sure it still says realistic in the bottom left under evaluated difficulty

101005-F-1234S-002.jpg208c731a-b080-47a2-8517-b8dbc31d1315_zps

#7 winny

winny

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:36 AM

Basically, do not leave the bombers. Position yourself just behind them. Don't try to kill everything, a few bursts is usually enough to make the attackers dive away.

The hard bit is keeping track of the group once they dive, just keep an eye on the radar and get to the flashing yellows asap. Then repeat the first bit.

The first time I cleared this mission I had no kills. Just kept the bombers 6 clear.

#8 sureshotzthe1st

sureshotzthe1st
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

Basically, do not leave the bombers. Position yourself just behind them. Don't try to kill everything, a few bursts is usually enough to make the attackers dive away.

The hard bit is keeping track of the group once they dive, just keep an eye on the radar and get to the flashing yellows asap. Then repeat the first bit.

The first time I cleared this mission I had no kills. Just kept the bombers 6 clear.

#9 sureshotzthe1st

sureshotzthe1st
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Thanks winny il try staying close to the leader,i can stay behind the bombers through both stages of the dive and then a bit of speed bleeding and im right behind the rear of the pack.I normaly kill a couple of cats as i move up through the middle,once i could see the freindly fleet in the distance,so close but no cigar!

#10 killshot78

killshot78

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

Anybody gotten the ahcievment on this stage for 5 a/c shot down on realistic? I am lucky to shoot down 1 or 2. let alone 5....

#11 winny

winny

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

Anybody gotten the ahcievment on this stage for 5 a/c shot down on realistic? I am lucky to shoot down 1 or 2. let alone 5....

I've got it, you have to back off a bit until there are a few US planes attacking your bombers, get in and kill as many as you can, don't bother about your bombers too much (I shot at least 2 of my own bombers down getting the achievement). Again, don't leave the bombers because you targets will come to you... They have a habit of just sitting there shooting. If you're hit swap aircraft... Don't waste any time. Try and get the 5 kills before the dive bombing run starts. And forget about completing the mission.. If you've not got 3 or 4 kills before the attack you will probably fail, I just kept restarting.

Thinking back I may even have rammed one of the targets..

Treat it as a mission within a mission.

Posted Image

#12 Fighteraceflyer

Fighteraceflyer

Squadron leader

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

Anybody gotten the ahcievment on this stage for 5 a/c shot down on realistic? I am lucky toYes shoot down 1 or 2. let alone 5....

Yes...on custom mode with realistic settings...tried last night on sim...didn't make it...I believe the trick is not to lose too many coming in and on the way out to really get on the pursuers real quick...when I did it in realistic I waited till I got the bombers in the clear and went back to kill more for the rest to get the trophy.

In the beginning after the cut scene ..
I cut throttle barrel role down to bomber's level...stay in the middle pocket...be patient...that's where they'll attack

#13 johnwells69

johnwells69

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:43 AM

Thanks very much for all the advice, hopefully I will be succsefull. I will just have to keep trying.

#14 id0l

id0l

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:59 AM

If you're just trying to get the achievement/trophy, you don't have to worry about the bombers at all. Or even completing the mission. Just shoot down your 5 fighters and you're good to go (you can quit out since your achievement will pop after your 5th kill).

Just head right towards the fighters when they appear in the sky. Try to get one going head to head, swing back around on their 6's as they pursue your bombers...and light 'em up. Don't forget if you get too far away etc. from the fighters you should be shooting down, select a wingman...sometimes they are already in position behind an enemy fighter and you just basically squeeze the trigger.

Got this trophy last night doing just that.
Posted Image
Also on XBOX Live, but only playing Over-G. Add me if you still play!

#15 Fighteraceflyer

Fighteraceflyer

Squadron leader

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:23 AM

If you're just trying to get the achievement/trophy, you don't have to worry about the bombers at all. Or even completing the mission. Just shoot down your 5 fighters and you're good to go (you can quit out since your achievement will pop after your 5th kill).

Just head right towards the fighters when they appear in the sky. Try to get one going head to head, swing back around on their 6's as they pursue your bombers...and light 'em up. Don't forget if you get too far away etc. from the fighters you should be shooting down, select a wingman...sometimes they are already in position behind an enemy fighter and you just basically squeeze the trigger.

Got this trophy last night doing just that.

Or you can do this...LOL... if just for the trophy

#16 ciphergalm1

ciphergalm1
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

You also have to keep in your mind that you are not covering a single Bomber group.After the first group starts diving , you need to move to the second group asap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users