Trouble landing F4U Corsair on carrier deck

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WhistlingDeath

WhistlingDeath
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

I've played this game for awhile and every time i try to land an F4U on an aircraft carrier it doesn't stop. The tail hook doesn't catch. I even made a perfect three-point landing and still nothing. Is anyone else having this issue? or am I doing something wrong? I don't have this issue with any other plane that i've tried but the F4U.
Posted ImageThrough the wars amongst the clouds, you are never alone.

Xbox Live Gamertag: LAIDxTOxREST14

#2 KRAITS_CO_dBA

KRAITS_CO_dBA

Flight lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:03 PM

It's a known bug and is impossible to land.

#3 DDSSTT

DDSSTT

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

I have landed a F4U 3 times out of around 50 on the carrier. You have to pull up very hard to get your tail hook to hit. This means you have to be at near stall speed and make a three point touchdown and then try and raise your front landing gear off that deck in a bounce while draging your tail wheel and hood on the deck. It is basiclly impossible and I end up winging over in a stall or failling to touch down on the deck.

Also, the damn carriers are stationary which means you have to touchdown at a slower speed for all aircraft.... BOO.

#4 talon97turbo

talon97turbo

Officer cadet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:49 PM

I have landed a F4U 3 times out of around 50 on the carrier. You have to pull up very hard to get your tail hook to hit. This means you have to be at near stall speed and make a three point touchdown and then try and raise your front landing gear off that deck in a bounce while draging your tail wheel and hood on the deck. It is basiclly impossible and I end up winging over in a stall or failling to touch down on the deck.

Also, the damn carriers are stationary which means you have to touchdown at a slower speed for all aircraft.... BOO.

I know right! I wish the carriers moved

#5 CAFCOLRupe

CAFCOLRupe

Aircraftman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:30 PM

I also have this problem are they ever going to fix this bug

#6 Ionizer

Ionizer

Warrant officer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Aviation, WWII

Xbox Live GamerTag: Ionizer7

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

There is a patch on the way and this issue was one of the ones brought up in the Community Bug Hunt thread, so it should be resolved. Just be patient.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)