WhistlingDeath

Trouble landing F4U Corsair on carrier deck

6 posts in this topic

I've played this game for awhile and every time i try to land an F4U on an aircraft carrier it doesn't stop. The tail hook doesn't catch. I even made a perfect three-point landing and still nothing. Is anyone else having this issue? or am I doing something wrong? I don't have this issue with any other plane that i've tried but the F4U.

It's a known bug and is impossible to land.

I have landed a F4U 3 times out of around 50 on the carrier. You have to pull up very hard to get your tail hook to hit. This means you have to be at near stall speed and make a three point touchdown and then try and raise your front landing gear off that deck in a bounce while draging your tail wheel and hood on the deck. It is basiclly impossible and I end up winging over in a stall or failling to touch down on the deck.

Also, the damn carriers are stationary which means you have to touchdown at a slower speed for all aircraft.... BOO.

I have landed a F4U 3 times out of around 50 on the carrier. You have to pull up very hard to get your tail hook to hit. This means you have to be at near stall speed and make a three point touchdown and then try and raise your front landing gear off that deck in a bounce while draging your tail wheel and hood on the deck. It is basiclly impossible and I end up winging over in a stall or failling to touch down on the deck.

Also, the damn carriers are stationary which means you have to touchdown at a slower speed for all aircraft.... BOO.

I know right! I wish the carriers moved

There is a patch on the way and this issue was one of the ones brought up in the Community Bug Hunt thread, so it should be resolved. Just be patient.