RFC_Maqui

Birds of Steel Videos

361 posts in this topic

Here's a video for Maqui, he favors the Spitfire, I think, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnJLy4FzYMg&index=27&list=PLVobg1n4B7G7rvFzqe6m8wbrfxXQuh_mW

Like to thank Stona for getting our signatures back, thanks again Stona

Another Spitfire video, with an interesting comment from someone who watched this video......

Here's a video from my historical scenarios.....

I have a couple new videos for Birds of Steel. Finally making it back onto the forums after a long hiatus (due to moving across the country and trying to do well in my new job). Incidentally, I'm in a new time zone.  I play in Pacific US, mostly on Friday nights.  Look for me there!

So that means that if you had played say 11:00pm est, or thereabouts, 11:00pm pst is 2:00am est.  

Published on Apr 24, 2014

Uffz. Eduard Schallmoser encounters a group of P-38 Lightnings west of Riem over Hohenlinden flying a reconnaissance mission. Schallmoser attacked from head on but was unable to roll away in time and rammed one of the American planes. Quoting from the book "Battle Over Bavaria," Major Erich Hohagen recalled Schallmoser's story: "Uffz. Schallmoser was still not familiar with the fire control system in the Me 262 and on this mission he attacked a squadron of 12 Lightnings. Approaching with high closing speed, he maneuvered to the correct firing range but used the wrong switch and as nothing happened he realized that he couldn't avoid collision with one of the enemy fighters and clipped its tail with his starboard wing. The aircraft became unmaneuverable and crashed, though the pilot escaped." Schallmoser's jet sustained only minor damage and was able to land. In the game, it did not happen this way. lol

leandro tocalini joerg  wrote:

Eduard Schallmoser was my uncle. He was an amazing person. He have a great family. Do you have more of this??

(Just wanted to share with everyone, which I think is pretty cool)

Finally making it back to this forum, and back to videos.  I moved to San Diego, and am having a harder time finding players, as my late evening is VERY late for you east coasters.  But I did get a breakthrough in video construction for the game.  Because HDMI hubs are limited on my flat-screen TV, I run my 360 through the XBox ONE we got for Christmas.  The ONE has an HDMI input intended for Cable TV.  I also got a Windows 10 laptop recently, which can commune with the XBox One. The key here is that it can record video and screenshots for whatever is playing on the XBox One (which can be replays from Birds of Steel!).  So now I can get direct HD video recorded from playbacks, which greatly improves video quality.

This video was from an offline replay of the Eagle Day mission, one of my favorites.  Strangely, the saved recording did not preserve the explosions on the airfield at the start, but otherwise a great game.  This is flown in Sim mode, with limited ammo and fuel.  What a blast!

Another new flight report, this time mostly facing AI with one human ally.  Recorded on the XBox360, ported through the XBox One TV input, and recorded in the XBox One app on Windows 10, eventually edited in iMovie and uploaded.

Sorry to intrude - nil to do with this Topic - but this old gang are my last hope  to get this Forum up & active again.

Please check out my post at 

Thanx!

...JMB