MACADEMIC

BOS COMMUNITY: HELP GAIJIN HUNT BUGS!

a. Summary/Bug Title: zombie AI fighters

b. Platform: both

c. Reproducability: always

d. Severity: major

e. Priority: medium

f. Description: when playing versus with BOTs in the game they will fly around with no wings, half a fuselage, etc.

g. Steps to Reproduce: play versus with bot...then use spectator mode and cycle until you see the BOTs on your team flying around.

a. Summary/Bug Title: ? Multiple ship destruction with one hit

b. Platform: PS3, XBOX360? PS3

c. Reproducability: sometimes

e. Priority: High

f. Description: ? As mentioned already RE carriers in versus, this also happens in single player, if two ships are close together and you destroy one it will destroy the other too.

g. Steps to Reproduce: ? bomb one ship that is in very close proximity to another. I should note Ive only seen this with torpedo runs, watching a torpedo hit a destroyer I saw two destroyers show the big splash when the one I actually hit, got hit.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions:

i. Upload files:

a. Summary/Bug Title: AI mob mentality

c. Reproducability: Always

e. Priority: Urgent

f. Description: AI seems to gang up on one target

g. Steps to Reproduce: Mostly noticable while on head to head or intercept missions. While in pursuit of enemy aircraft, almost entire friendly AI is in pursuit of same aircraft.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: Suggest changing AI target selection, if hen, if target already has two in persuit < then select another target.

i. Upload files:

a. Summary/Bug Title: AI focus on player

c. Reproducability: Always

f. Description: AI total fixation on the player and the player only

g. Steps to Reproduce: Mostly noticeable while on bombing or ground attack missions.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: AI should treat the player no different then any other enemy plane in the sky

i. Upload files:

• Upvote 1

a. Summary/Bug Title: Weak ships.

b. Platform: PS3, XBOX360? PS3.

c. Reproducability: always.

d. Severity: tweak.

e. Priority: High.

f. Description: One shot ship kills.

g. Steps to Reproduce: Hit a ship.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: Ships, especially capital ships, should require more then one hit to sink.

i. Upload files:

• Upvote 1

a. Summary/Bug Title: Impossible objectives.

c. Reproducability: sometimes.

f. Description: Top Gun objectives in a simulator game.

g. Steps to Reproduce: Play single player, particularly intercept missions.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: Make objectives realistic.

i. Upload files:

• Upvote 1

a. Summary/Bug Title: No smoke from damaged ground targets.

d. Severity: feature.

f. Description: Damaged ground targets\buildings\ships do not burn with smoke.

g. Steps to Reproduce: Bomb a ground target.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: Damaged ships\buildings\units should burn and smoke.

i. Upload files:

a. Summary/Bug Title: Unselectable or wrong aircraft in single player missions.

d. Severity: minor.

e. Priority: Normal.

f. Description: Aircraft not available to use in single player missions or wrong side aircraft.

g. Steps to Reproduce: Example, Swordfish does not show up as a selectable aircraft in any scenario under any conditions

and wrong nations aircraft selectable IE being able to pick Axis aircraft in an Allied mission.

i. Upload files:

a. Summary/Bug Title: Custom Matches: No way to verify settings for joining players.

b. Platform: PS3, probably both

d. Severity: feature

e. Priority: Normal

f. Description: No way for joining players to verify which settings the host has chosen for a Custom difficulty match. There should be a 'Difficulty' button as in Wings of Prey where players can evaluate whether or not the host's settings are interesting for them. Otherwise custom matches will not be predictable.

g. Steps to Reproduce: look for Custom difficulty matches in Versus mode and see if you can find out the precise settings.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: This should really be implemented.

i. Upload files: N/A

• Upvote 4

a. Summary/Bug Title: Bomber formations.

f. Description: Secondary bomber formations single player. Lead bomber gets hit or starts going down, whole formation goes to pieces, collisions, insane manuvering ect.

g. Steps to Reproduce:

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: Make the lead target the bombers are following an invisable indestructable moving waypoint so bombers can get shot out of the formation without the rest of the formation breaking up.

i. Upload files:

a. Summary/Bug Title: AI not attacking ground targets.

f. Description: Freindly AI bombers in single player missions do not attack ground targets.

g. Steps to Reproduce: Single player ground attack or bombing mission with a second wing of bombers.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: Do not need to take out objectives but should attack surrounding targets.

i. Upload files:

a. Summary/Bug Title: Versus BOTs dont count.

d. Severity: feature.

f. Description: BOTs dont count towards skin\decal unlocks.

g. Steps to Reproduce:

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: Would like BOTs to count towards unlocks in Versus.

i. Upload files:

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your many contributions. Keep them coming.

MAC

• Upvote 3

a. Summary/Bug Title: RE weak bombers.

d. Severity: major.

f. Description: Tail shot off.

g. Steps to Reproduce:

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: I know this has been mentioned already; just to give my thought on this... I think this is releated to some issue with the tail section of the planes. Bombers do seem to take a fair amount of fire, BUT if you just happen to hit the right spot near the rear of the aircraft one shot will blow the tail off of the plane.

i. Upload files: ? upload a file that may help understanding the problem, e.g. a screenshot.

a. Summary/Bug Title: Aircraft crashing into each other on runways.

f. Description: Sometimes when selecting take-off and 8 aircraft in my wing, on certain runways the aircraft spawn on top of each other. This seems to happen mostly with large bombers, did happen once with Avengers (4) on a carrier.

g. Steps to Reproduce: Single player, take-off, 8 aircraft. I dont unfortunatly remember the airfields this happened on.

EDIT: Heavy bombers Midway, spawn on top of each other. Yorktown Class carrier, Avengers spawn on top of each other.

i. Upload files:

a. Summary/Bug Title: Bombers unable to take off

f. Description: Sometimes when selecting take-off and bombers you spawn on runways too short to take off on, on realistic\simulator.

g. Steps to Reproduce: Single player, take-off, bombers.. Kuban is particularly bad for this.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: Short runways, start bombers in the air.

i. Upload files:

• Upvote 1

a. Summary/Bug Title: Lag

b. Platform: PS3

f. Description: ? Lag makes its a pain to hit my target. I'm behind an enemy and out of the nowhere, that person teleports to the other side of the map.

g. Steps to Reproduce: Play any online match.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: Forgive me if I am the only one experiencing this and if it's something to do on my end.

a. Summary/Bug Title: No B17 G ball turret

b. Platform: XBOX360.

d. Severity: major.

f. Description: There are no machine guns on the ball turret on the B17 G

g. Steps to Reproduce: just fly the plane and see for yourself

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: I would like if BOS will have a plane/mission pack soon

a. Summary/Bug Title: Ju-87 Stuka Siren Is Missing

b. Platform: PS3 and XBOX360

d. Severity: feature, trivial, and text

e. Priority: Low to Normal

f. Description: The Ju-87 Stuka was infamous for its siren, but the airbrake does not initiate the siren as it should.

Also, the text of the R2 model implies that previous versions did not feature a siren - this is incorrect, the "Stuka scream" was an early trademark of the Blitzkreig and should be on the B2. Latter models, such as the R2, rarely made use of the siren as the war changed from offensive to defensive.

The missing siren may seem trivial to some, but I know many of us were very disapointed the siren was missing. To have that missing feature added would be amazing. I would be grateful.

g. Steps to Reproduce: Simply hit the airbrake and dive. The Stuka should begin to "scream" as it dives, it doesn't.

• Upvote 2

a. Summary/Bug Title: Year selection in Versus

b. Platform: PS3, XBOX360

c. Reproducability: NA

d. Severity: Tweak

f. Description: Server host needs the ability to select a year in Versus. For example, if the year is "ANY," all planes may be used for that faction (this is how Versus is now). If the year were 1941, however, only models from that period, and before, would be available.

The purpose of this is to be able to recreate specific eras and to enjoy earlier models without being inferior to the enemy.

g. Steps to Reproduce: NA

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: NA

i. Upload files: NA

• Upvote 2

a. Summary/Bug Title: Replay free roam camera and rewind

b. Platform: PS3, XBOX360

c. Reproducability: NA

d. Severity: Tweak, Low

e. Priority: Low

f. Description: It would be nice if the (wonderful) REPLAY feature had a rewind button and a free roam camera.

• Upvote 1

a. Summary/Bug Title: Cloud ground shadows with clear sky.

f. Description: When flying with clear skys there are ground shadows like there are clouds in the sky.

g. Steps to Reproduce: Start any mission with setting set to clear, will see shadows from clouds that do not exsist. Very noticeable on Rhur map.

i. Upload files:

a. Summary/Bug Title: ? Kuban Carrier Fleet

b. Platform: XBOX 360

c. Reproducability: have not tried (seems to be random)

f. Description: The Japanese and American Carrir Fleets appear on the Kuban Battlefront map instead of the normal Airfields.

g. Steps to Reproduce: Not sure. I guess it might happen when rhe host manually selects the Kuban map after the Guadacanal map.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: It provides a good laugh!

Same on ps3 but found it in the ruhr once.

Bug. Going mercenary

Platform Both most likely but im on ps3

Reproducability. sometimes.

Severity Major

Priority high.

Discription Able to pick either sides planes. Considered an enemy to both will spawn on airfield belonging to chosen planes faction.

Steps to reproduce. Seems pretty random to me unlike the other report.

a. Summary/Bug Title: ? Your squad wont drop bombs or return to base.

c. Reproducability: always, sometimes, random, have not tried, unable to reproduce, N/A? Always.

d. Severity: feature, trivial, text, tweak, minor, major, crash, block? Major.

e. Priority: None, Low, Normal, High, Urgent, Immediate? Urgent.

f. Description: ? I hate having to control each plane of my squad ( the 3 or 7 you can take control of, not the other ones) to make them drop the bombs in bombing missions and they will never return to base when damage or when they are out of ammo. I dont like changing plane unless Im shot down , out of ammo heavily damage or in this cases when Im out of bombs because my dumb squad wont drop the bombs/kill ground targets. And if I change because of being damage or out of ammo the dumb ai wont return to base the out of ammo or nearly dead plane, instead it keeps following me or flying around doing nothing until it eventually goes down.

g. Steps to Reproduce: ? Just play mission editor offline.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: ? Improve the AI

i. Upload files: ? N/A

a. Summary/Bug Title: Ju-87 Stuka Siren Is Missing

b. Platform: PS3 and XBOX360

d. Severity: feature, trivial, and text

e. Priority: Low to Normal

f. Description: The Ju-87 Stuka was infamous for its siren, but the airbrake does not initiate the siren as it should.

Also, the text of the R2 model implies that previous versions did not feature a siren - this is incorrect, the "Stuka scream" was an early trademark of the Blitzkreig and should be on the B2. Latter models, such as the R2, rarely made use of the siren as the war changed from offensive to defensive.

The missing siren may seem trivial to some, but I know many of us were very disapointed the siren was missing. To have that missing feature added would be amazing. I would be grateful.

g. Steps to Reproduce: Simply hit the airbrake and dive. The Stuka should begin to "scream" as it dives, it doesn't.

I second that