MACADEMIC

BOS COMMUNITY: HELP GAIJIN HUNT BUGS!

a. Summary/Bug Title: ? Virtual HUD (no cockpit view) is almost invisible in certain conditions

b. Platform: PS3, XBOX360? Both

c. Reproducability: always, sometimes, random, have not tried, unable to reproduce: Always

d. Severity: feature, trivial, text, tweak, minor, major, crash, block? Major.

e. Priority: None, Low, Normal, High, Urgent, Immediate? Urgent

f. Description: The pale white colour used for the target pipper and situation indicators are almost invisible in most flying conditions.

g. Steps to Reproduce: ? Change view to virtual no-cockpit view

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: ? There should be an option to make it a bit more visible, change the colour or and brightness options. Also it would be nice to have a target pipper/reticule as seen in the virtual cockpit view, where the reticule is an appropriate brightness.

• Upvote 1

a. Summary/Bug Title: Settings and buttonmapping. Not able to use/save settings for the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, or buttons or axis.

b. Platform: PS3, possibly both

c. Reproducability: always

d. Severity: major (to me anyway...)

e. Priority: Normal

f. Description: I'm not able to use the Warthog as it won't save settings. There is in addition severe "flickering" when trying to set or modify axis.

g. Steps to Reproduce: Always happening.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: There must be something wrong with the control settings as it won't save buttonmappings. Possible solution: Add the possibility to use 'Wireless controller + the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog' in the EU edition of the game - and the ability to save controller settings and buttonmapping.

Add a driver for Saitek Pro rudderpedals (Please!)

Thats not a bug. Thats is just a difference in opinion. I actually think the Me262 is great. The fact that you can break the sound barrier in it in a high altitude dive clearly shows there is nothing wrong with how fast it can go.

I'd leave it to the Devs to decide, or this thread will get messy.

Can we put the lag in here as im sure its something to do with the game as it wasnt this bad in BOP? Or has it been done or what. (Man im tired lol)

• Upvote 1

a. Summary/Bug Title: Training Missions change Controller Layout to Default

d. Severity: major

f. Description: Training missions can only be done when changing the whole layout to the default one. This is an unnecessary hassle, in Apache training mission also reverted to the default controls setup but left any setup you had intact outside of the training mission. Game should just not require giving up a control setup to teach something, possibly even allow the training mission to be played with your own control setup (in which case the control instructions should adapt or be left out).

g. Steps to Reproduce: always happening.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: worked well in Apache.

i. Upload files: N/A

I can confirm this one on Xbox 360 as well. However, the game does warn you that starting the training mission will revert your controls to default, so I'm not sure if it's an actual bug or just an incovenience.

a. Summary/Bug Title: Training Missions change Controller Layout to Default

f. Description: Training missions can only be done when changing the whole layout to the default one. This is an unnecessary hassle, in Apache training mission also reverted to the default controls setup but left any setup you had intact outside of the training mission. Game should just not require giving up a control setup to teach something, possibly even allow the training mission to be played with your own control setup (in which case the control instructions should adapt or be left out).

g. Steps to Reproduce: always happening.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: worked well in Apache.

i. Upload files: N/A

This I've heard before, but I did training couple of weeks after I bought the game and I did the training with my own settings. Weird.

a. Summary/Bug Title: Enemy flying barely above ground is under ground/ water for anyone tryin to attack them

b. Platform: PS3, XBOX360?

c. Reproducability: every time I have tested it

d. Severity: normal

f. Description: Basically if you fly low enough it will animate you underground/underwater to the opposing team.

g. Steps to Reproduce: fly as low as possible and have a enemy fly past you you should appear underground/water to them.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions:

i. Upload files:

• Upvote 1

a. Summary/Bug Title: Cannot see Weapons choices clearly during plane selection menu in versus

c. Reproducability: every time

f. Description: Most noticeable on the Japanese and Russian planes when you are deciding on your weapons you can't really see what your picking. So say a plane has guns/turrets/bombs/rockets like the IL-2s the information is cut off and you just have to guess which one you are picking.

g. Steps to Reproduce: play a versus match with a IL-2 and see if you can actually see what kind of bombs and rockets you are choosing.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: Move the weapons information more to the center when you open the tab to pick your weaponry. Or exclude the standard equipment from the list or make a smaller note of their obvious inclusion.

i. Upload files:

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this is a "bug" or not but two planes that need attention are the Junkers JU-88 and the Grumman F6F Hellcat. Both planes fly like they are seriously overloaded with an aft CG. Thanks.

a. Summary/Bug Title: Mic lag when joining a room in any online mode

f. Description: Upon joining a online mode It takes usually 15 seconds before the mics begin working.

g. Steps to Reproduce: join any online mode in ps3

i. Upload files:

a. Summary/Bug Title : French translation problems

b. Platform: PS3, probably the same on XBOX360

c. Reproducability: Always

d. Severity: Text.

e. Priority: Normal.

f. Description: the translation in french is awful. Lot of misspellings and errors of grammar.

g. Steps to Reproduce: each time you read text on the screen.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: Don't use google translate (it's a joke ;-)

i. Upload files: no

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Virtual HUD (no cockpit view) is almost invisible in certain conditions. The pale white colour used for the target pipper and situation indicators are almost invisible in most flying conditions. When facing clouds or flying into the sun it causes difficulty in amaing and orientation. This is a bug in my view and there should be an option to make it a bit more visible, change the colour or and brightness options and increase the target pipper/reticule. This is really marring gameplay in a big way.

To be considered for the bug list, please report in the format as lined out in my first post on this topic. Thanks,

MAC

a. Summary/Bug Title: Corsair carrier landing imposible

b. Platform: Both.

c. Reproducability: Always.

d. Severity: Major.

f. Description: For all 3 Corsairs in game, the tail hook begins retracting just as you aproach the carrier on landing, this makes catching a wire with the hook imposible and thus landing on the carrier imposible.

g. Steps to Reproduce: Attempt to land a Corsair on a carrier.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: An option to have a manual hook control in button mapping which overrides the automatic hook feature.

hmmm, no wonder. I've been pulling my hair out trying to land that thing on sim to no avail.(sad to say no more hair left) :)

a. Summary/Bug Title: zero's "overpowered" and corsair, p-51, p-38, f6f hellcat "underpowered" in my opinion.

f. Description: zero's "overpowered" and corsair, p-51, p-38, f6f hellcat "underpowered" in my opinion. The "underpowered airplanes getting in a stall allways and the "overpowered" airplanes get never in a stall. Try Mission Editor on realistic difficulty and fly 1 against 1 in head to head combat. Fly one time in a zero against a hellcat. Fly one time in a hellcat against a zero. You"ll see it's very hard to get the a6m2 zero and very easy to get the f6f hellcat. Sorry for my bad english :014j:

g. Steps to Reproduce:

i. Upload files:

a. Summary/Bug Title: ? Aircraft handle poorly while on the ground making it extremely difficult to land and take off again.

b. Platform: XBOX360

c. Reproducability: Almost always

d. Severity: crash and burn

f. Description: It's very frustrating to execute a sweet landing to get fuel and ammo only to crash while on the ground because you respawned in a bad spot and the plane doesn't taxi propperly. Please fix either the respawn location or the aircraft ground handling quialities.

g. Steps to Reproduce: ? Land and then try to take off again.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: Thanks for producing and supporting a great game.

i. Upload files: NA

. Summary/Bug Title: Lag/teleportation

b. Platform: Xbox

f. Description: ? Its lag! It makes other players teleport about the screen and I must do the same for them. Spoils play bigtime.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: make it better please

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: More guns/bombs loadouts with planes, make skins unlockable playing offline too, not everyone likes to play online.

• Upvote 1

. Summary/Bug Title: Lag/teleportation

b. Platform: Xbox

f. Description: ? Its lag! It makes other players teleport about the screen and I must do the same for them. Spoils play bigtime.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: make it better please

This also happens in PS3.

a. Summary/Bug Title: P-38G is Too Slow

b. Platform: PS3.

e. Priority: Immediate.

f. Description: According to stats given in the Hanger the P-38 should be the fastest prop driven aircraft in the game at 423 mph. However, Even using WEP one can only achieve a maximum speed of 395 mph in straight level flight. All of the other aircraft in the game that I have tested so far are able to use WEP to reach speeds much higher than their Maximum speed given in the hanger. Compare that to another dual engine prop driven aircraft, the BF-110. The hanger states that it has a max speed of 315 mph. So it should be much slower than the P-38, but for some reason the BF-110 is able to hit 483 mph using WEP in straight level flight. Also for another Comparison, the FW-190 A-5 max speed in the hanger states 377 mph but using WEP I am able to hit 550 mph. Clearly the P-38 needs a big speed boost.

g. Steps to Reproduce: Play the game...

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: The P-38 is one of the last planes unlocked in the USA tree. It should be performing much better than it currently is. Aside from the top speed being way off the turning should be looked at as well. As it sits now the P-38 is just an easy kill.

f. Description: According to stats given in the Hanger the P-38 should be the fastest prop driven aircraft in the game at 423 mph. However, Even using WEP one can only achieve a maximum speed of 395 mph in straight level flight. All of the other aircraft in the game that I have tested so far are able to use WEP to reach speeds much higher than their Maximum speed given in the hanger. Compare that to another dual engine prop driven aircraft, the BF-110. The hanger states that it has a max speed of 315 mph. So it should be much slower than the P-38, but for some reason the BF-110 is able to hit 483 mph using WEP in straight level flight. Also for another Comparison, the FW-190 A-5 max speed in the hanger states 377 mph but using WEP I am able to hit 550 mph. Clearly the P-38 needs a big speed boost.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: The P-38 is one of the last planes unlocked in the USA tree. It should be performing much better than it currently is. Aside from the top speed being way off the turning should be looked at as well. As it sits now the P-38 is just an easy kill.

Agree 100%

Just tested and confirmed, good catch. I second this

a. Summary/Bug Title: Negative -XP? over 6 million

b. Platform: PS3

e. Priority: Immediate

f. Description: Not sure if ive been hacked or its just a glich, i had just played against someone on multiplayer who couldnt die?(also their name did not apperar on the lobby leaderboard, their plane was flying around on fire, it also survived ramming, when i respawned on my airfeild this player was waiting infront of me and wanted to be shot at. I could be wrong but this is alot like the call of duty hack were by when you sot at someone all your XP was drained off and added to the hackers, as a result i not only have crazy negative xp in general but cant earn any planes in the hanger, so the game is now nearly pointless to play, maybe im wrong and this is just a glitch but if not its really annoying its like someone stealing your gym membership and the people who run the gym dont call the police or do anything?

g. Steps to Reproduce: either when i prestiged or a hack

i. Upload files:

post-14215-0-07061900-1335397730_thumb.p

a. Summary/Bug Title: Enemy AI planes will attack only the player and will not engage friendly AI planes

b. Platform: PS3, XBOX360? PS3, but pretty sure this affects both systems

c. Reproducability: always, sometimes, random, have not tried, unable to reproduce, N/A? Always

d. Severity: feature, trivial, text, tweak, minor, major, crash, block? Major

e. Priority: None, Low, Normal, High, Urgent, Immediate? High

f. Description: All enemy AI fighters/gunners attempt to destroy the player before any other target. The player should be treated like any other friendly AI fighter/bomber.

g. Steps to Reproduce: Play Dynamic Campaign offline and it's clear as day. This issue may affect Historical and other single-player modes, I can't remember.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: This issue is very, very annoying. The enemy AI treats the player with prejudice, always attacking them first. This can result with up to 5-10+ fighters on your tail!

i. Upload files: N/A but easy to reproduce

a. Summary/Bug Title: Negative -XP? over 6 million

b. Platform: PS3

e. Priority: Immediate

f. Description: Not sure if ive been hacked or its just a glich, i had just played against someone on multiplayer who couldnt die?(also their name did not apperar on the lobby leaderboard, their plane was flying around on fire, it also survived ramming, when i respawned on my airfeild this player was waiting infront of me and wanted to be shot at. I could be wrong but this is alot like the call of duty hack were by when you sot at someone all your XP was drained off and added to the hackers, as a result i not only have crazy negative xp in general but cant earn any planes in the hanger, so the game is now nearly pointless to play, maybe im wrong and this is just a glitch but if not its really annoying its like someone stealing your gym membership and the people who run the gym dont call the police or do anything?

g. Steps to Reproduce: either when i prestiged or a hack

i. Upload files:

Welcome to the club I thought I was the only one

a. Summary/Bug Title: Enemy AI planes will attack only the player and will not engage friendly AI planes

b. Platform: PS3, XBOX360? PS3, but pretty sure this affects both systems

c. Reproducability: always, sometimes, random, have not tried, unable to reproduce, N/A? Always

d. Severity: feature, trivial, text, tweak, minor, major, crash, block? Major

e. Priority: None, Low, Normal, High, Urgent, Immediate? High

f. Description: All enemy AI fighters/gunners attempt to destroy the player before any other target. The player should be treated like any other friendly AI fighter/bomber.

g. Steps to Reproduce: Play Dynamic Campaign offline and it's clear as day. This issue may affect Historical and other single-player modes, I can't remember.

h. Additional Information and Suggestions: This issue is very, very annoying. The enemy AI treats the player with prejudice, always attacking them first. This can result with up to 5-10+ fighters on your tail!

i. Upload files: N/A but easy to reproduce

True and is a pain in the arse when you are flying a bomber.